As part of our curriculum development we encourage all staff, pupils and parents to suggest ways in which we can enrich our children’s experience at Woodseaves. We are keen for these experiences to have meaningful value to our pupils so the knowledge and skills linked to each enrichment experience is carefully considered.
Some examples of enrichment opportunities at Woodseaves include:
- Trips to places of historical significance such as Stafford Castle and Wroxter Roman City
- Visit to the Houses of Parliament
- Forest School (weekly)
- Residential visits such as Standon Bowers
- Visiting authors
- Visits to places of worship
- Visits from local charities such as House of Bread
- Peter Jones’ Foundation – Tycoons
- Well being mindfulness sessions
During the Covid 19 restrictions we also engaged with a range of remote, online enrichment activities including:
- Author visits – Tom Palmer and Humza Arshad
- History workshops – Anglo Saxons and Remembrance Day
- National Competitions – Wander in the Woods (writing competition), the BBC and RHS Bee Garden design
We are currently developing further enrichment opportunities which we deepen our children’s knowledge and understanding of the world, so if you have any thoughts or links please get in touch!