Organisation of Learning
At Woodseaves CE Primary Academy we base our curriculum on the programmes of study for all the compulsory subjects of the National Curriculum.
We plan our curriculum with a focus on the subject skills that the children will need in order to allow them to be successful learners.
We have developed a topic based approach to the curriculum and where possible, we have linked subjects into a theme to motivate and inspire the children to learn. Each class sends out a Curriculum Newletter each term with an overview of what the children will be studying. (See below)
Enriching and Extending Learning
Our academy offers a range of extra-curricular clubs. These include gymnastics, football and a variety of other activities which change each half term.
We regularly take the children out on trips to support and extend learning in the curriculum. To further enhance our curriculum provision, we invite visitors and members of the community into the school to share experiences with the children.
There is a residential experience in Year 5 and 6 to promote a whole range of skills and to enable the children to experience the independence of being away from home.
In addition to the National Curriculum Programmes of Study, the school has further enrichment activities. These include:
- Class themed days based on specific curriculum topics eg French Day, Creative Art Days
- Whole school themed days such as World Book Day, Friendship Day, Safer Internet Day
- Charity events where the children raise money
- Specialised music teaching which includes the opportunity for all children in KS2 to learn a musical instrument
- School productions and concerts – at Harvest, Easter, Christmas, and end of year. Music concert at Staffordshire Showground
- Competitive sporting opportunities with other schools
The following documents outline the curriculum for this academic year: