Values & Vision
Woodseaves CE Academy
Inspire Respect Achieve
At Woodseaves CE Academy everyone and everything is valued, appreciated and respected. We aim to provide an inspiring, happy, caring and safe learning environment within a Christian ethos, where all our children thrive, achieve their full God given potential and are ready for the next stage of their learning journey.
As a Church School, underpinning our vision we have 12 School Christian Values that are developed and promoted through our Collective Worship, SMSC provision, RE, as well our everyday teaching and learning across the curriculum.
We also recognise that although we are a small, rural school that we are part of wider British society and as such we ensure that we provide opportunities, through our curriculum, for pupils to appreciate the diverse nature of Britain and actively promote British Values. These are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
Our Mission Statement:
Through our vision and values which underpin our broad and balanced curriculum we endeavour to;
- encourage everyone to take responsibility for their actions and to consider their responsibility to others within their community and the wider world
- ensure that we have the hope and aspiration to make the most of our lives and the lives of others
- promote a culture of cooperation where children, staff and parents work and learn together as part of our church school family
- encourage empathy by discussing the importance of understanding people’s motives and behaviours, walking in their shoes as Jesus did and appreciating their viewpoints.
- develop courage and resilience, drawing from God’s strength, as we face challenges within our lives.
- appreciate the importance of being thankful for all the good things in our lives, expressing gratitude to each other and God.
- encourage feelings of genuine sympathy and compassion to others and being moved by this to act positively to help
- encourage a generous nature, sharing ourselves and our resources with others recognising when they are in need.
- promote a willingness to forgive others just as God is ready to forgive us.
- seek to right injustice and ensure fairness and equity for all, understanding we are all equal in the sight of God.
- show respect by treating everyone in our community with courtesy, politeness and kindness irrespective of race, gender, religion or ability, following the example of Jesus.
At Woodseaves CE Academy we have high expectations of our pupils in regard to their learning and behaviour. We consider everyone at Woodseaves as our ‘school family’ and as such actively promote respect and care for each other. We are dedicated to celebrating individuality and want children to be proud of their uniqueness. This is reinforced through our Woodseaves Code which you can see displayed throughout our school:
The Woodseaves Code
- Make good choices
- Listen to others and respect their opinion
- Remember to be polite
- Look for the best in people
- Be proud to be yourself
We also recognise that although we are a small, rural school that we are part of wider British society and as such we ensure that we provide opportunities, through our curriculum, for pupils to appreciate the diverse nature of Britain and actively promote British Values.
Click to see our British Values page for more information.